Sign in to follow this  
Mommy

Caged (Ch1)

Chapter One

Locked in

''drip....drip' made the uneasy sound of water droplets as they fell from the sink. I could hear the drastic beats of my heart still pounding. My arms chained to the bed, each movement I made I would hear the rattle of chains, my eyes blindfolded unable to see where I was, everything was covered in darkness, I'm scared. My hands felt bruised showing that I struggled to break free many times, as days passed I gave up hope of even trying. How did I come to be in this dark and cold place. I realized I was naked, I trembled in fright.

''You're awake my love?'', said a voice soft as if dripped in honey and coated with bitters.Terrified I looked around forcing myself to see through the shades of the blindfold. What will happen to me?I asked myself.

''Who are you? Please, let me out!'', I said as I pulled against the chains.

''Now, why would I do that with all the effort I've made to bring you here?".

"What do you want from me?, Please just let me go''.I pleaded.

I wanted so badly to see the person who had done this to me. How I ended up here, I wanted to know, I was confused.

''Shall we begin Thea?'' He said.

''Begin?'', I asked still puzzled.

How does he know my name? The figure shadow moved over to me and was soon on the bed as he climbed on it hovering over me, pushing me strongly on the bed, I couldn't get away from his grasp, I struggled to be released. How many times now has this been done to me, my throat was sore as well as my body. How I happened to meet upon this place with this person was a true misfortune and how I was going to escape was indeed a true mystery

5 Days ago California 10:34 A.M

It's been 8 years since I ran away from home, no one called, no one had come to look for me. I didn't expect them to either, I did run away with my dad's wallet and my mother's Earrings. Ever since then I lived with my best friend, Amanda and her two kids.

''You're back!'', I was greeted by Amanda as I step through the door, I heard hard foot steps coming from down the stairs I was thrown off balance.

'' Aunty Thea your back!'' Karin and Mike exclaimed as they squeezed me tighter. They only called me Aunty because Amanda told them to it was rather comforting like welcoming family something I never had.

''OK guys... that's enough, I bet she needs some rest, go on up to your rooms now. ''Amanda said while she tried to tear them off me and chased them upstairs.

She smiled back at me, her red head outshined her dark eyes, ''The kids missed you a lot, and you where only gone for a week".

I smirk a little and rolled my eyes, ''Sure... that's the only thing they missed?''.

''That and your cooking we have been stuck on Mac and cheese the entire week'', She punch my arm a bit.

''I Knew it .'' I said rolling my eyes.

''So how was your first two weeks on the job?''

Amanda got me a job for an rich old man as a maid to cover most of my expenses I thought I was a great idea if I could at least help her with most of her finances. She resisted my plead to help her but eventually gave in. But Amanda had the habit of telling me about these random jobs without telling what the person I would be working for and the personality. I could find jobs on my own but the thought of my father or mother seeing me lurking in the streets was terrifying enough.

I back up a few distance from her, ''Well... it was OK.'', I said forcefully smiling as I took off my shoe making my way to the kitchen.

She looked at me, I avoided her eyes.She was one to always see through my lies and most times my pain.

''Thea!'',She said restlessly giving me a stare down.

''OK! the old guy was a total pervert'', I said. ''So i kinda kicked him in the nuts for pulling up my skirt".

She froze,''You did what?'' she sighed pulling back her red hair behind her ears in frustration. "Guess it cant be helped I'll try getting you a another job and if I do, please promise me no more physical violence , but you were just protecting yourself so its okay...''.
I'm really a pain in the ass sometimes.''Sure...'' I said as I went towards the fridge to take out an apple.

She gave me that one intense mom stare she always gave the kids and weirdly enough it always worked on me. I stared back slowly chewing the apple''Thea I meant it".

''I promise!'' I exclaimed as I was about to take another bite into the apple.

''Good now be a good girl and make something for us to eat I'm famished.'' She took the apple from my grasps and bit into it and gave me a little kiss on my cheek and walked out of the room.

''Really?'' I shouted after her .

I walked over to the kitchen tiredly I was so lazy at the moment. I was going to do my dad's favourite curry. I smiled as I thought of him, why did I even runaway again?.

Amanda was so nice to take me in as part of her family. I loved them all without them am nothing but an empty shell with holes. But once in a while the thought of having back my old family with warmness and comfort, was enough to forget Amanda's.

The door slam shut.

I could have sworn that Amanda had locked it. I wiped my hands in the kitchen cloth and went to close the door. It was wide open anyone could have stepped inside. I closed the door and turned the lock, I searched around the house I heard creaking noises upstairs. I quickly drew for a knife and stepped upstairs looking in Mike's room. Everything was fine in there not a thing out of place. I checked Karin's room it was okay as well, Karin was deep in her sleep . I checked Amanda's room I carefully looked around everything was good, maybe I was just over reacting. Amanda came out of her bathroom and looked at me bewildered.

Our eyes locked together, ''Someone was behind you just now.''

''What! Check on the kids I'll call the police".

Flashing lights came up to our house. The police did a full on search of the entire house and found nothing missing. One the officers came up to us.

''I'm detective Parks, what exactly did you see?'' we looked at each other
''I was cooking down stairs when I realized the door was open''. I said ''But I locked it!'' exclaimed Amanda
''I know you did'' I replied
''I went to close it but felt the need to search the kids room and Amanda's... when Amanda came out of the room she said she saw him behind me''. I said my voice shaking in fear.

''So he must have followed you up stairs then, also opening the door he must have a key to your house. For now I advice you to change the locks on your doors we will come to check up on you again''. Officer Parks said We shook hands and they were on their way. We went inside it felt like eyes were watching me, eyes of lust?or eyes of... I just had the sense that I was been watched in the deep corners. And the fear made goosebumps run up my spine.

(To be continued)

• Thanks 1